MEET Clinical Director Paris Tsobanoglou
Athens Rehab’s Clinical Director, Paris Tsobanoglou, is an expert in his field and highly committed to his personal values. He manages not only to cure but also to infuse his high ethical approach to his team and to effectively inspire & motivate his patients for the last 28 years. “Respect, faith and stamina towards all directions, along with strong self-determination” is his mantra.
- ATHENS-REHAB, Orthopedic and Sports Rehabilitation Center of Athens, Athens, Greece. Clinical director.
- Consultant for the Champion Sports Medicine center, U.S.A.
- Organizing Consultant for the `Healthsouth Sports Medicine Rehabilitation Center`. Birmingham Alabama June 1990.
- Alabama Sports Medicine, Healthsouth Sports Medicine, Birmingham Alabama. Clinical director of in-out patient assessment and rehabilitation in the Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic.
- American Sports Medicine Institute. Rehabilitative Fellowship in Orthopedic and Sports Medicine, Extensive time in learning and using the latest protocols for rehabilitation of sports medicine injuries.
- The renowned physical therapist Kevin Wilk, DPT was an integral part of the experience. Fellows spend the majority of their time training under the supervision of Dr James Andrews.
- Mediterranean Games 1992, Athens, Sports Medicine coverage of the women’s volley-ball teams.
- Central Hospital “Soumer–Bank” Istanbul, Turkey. Organizing Director in the Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitative Department, summer 1985.
Los Angeles Summer Olympic Games 1984.
Sports Medicine Rehabilitation coverage at
- Pauley Pavilion,
- University of California,
- Los Angeles Olympic (McDonald's) Swim Stadium,
- University of Southern California Olympic Village (athlete housing,
- University of Southern California– swimming, diving.
- Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles` California, September 1983- March 1984 Scoliosis Therapy for the Children.
- Lecturer at the University of Southern California U.S.C, department of Exercise Science, academic year 1988-1989.
- Professor of Applied Physical Therapy, Technical Educational Institute of Athens, Greece, academic years 1986-1988.
- Teaching Assistant at the University of Southern California U.S.C. at the department of Exercise Science, academic year 1983-1984.
EXPERTISE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Specialized in Sports Medicine, Rehabilitative Fellowship in Orthopedic and Sports Medicine, American Sports Medicine Institute, A.S.M.I. Alabama, U.S.A.
- Master of Arts in Exercise Physiology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles U.S.A.
- Bachelor of Science in Sports-Exercise Science, University of Southern California, Los Angeles U.S.A.
- Diploma in Physical Therapy Athens, Greece.
- Certificate in "Male pelvic health and urinary incontinence after prostatectomy and blader cancer" University of Southern California Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy.
- Specialized in Male Pelvic Health, Male Continence and Erectile Dysfunction. Certificate Herman and Wallace Pelvic Rehabilitation Institute.
- Certificate "Male continence and erectile dysfunction" Prof,Grace Dorey MBE FCSP PHD
- Certificate in Cervical and Upper Cervical Region, Mulligan Concept.
- Certificate in Shoulder/Thoracic/Spinal Mobilization with Arm Movement. Mulligan Concept.
- Certificate in Hand, Wrist, and Elbow, Mulligan Concept.
- Certificate in Lumbar Spine, Sacroiliac Joint, and Hip. Mulligan Concept.
- Certificate in Foot, Ankle, and Knee. Mulligan Concept.
- Certificate in Acupuncture in Physiotherapy, Hellenic Physiotherapy Society of Algology , June 26, 2011.
- Specialized in Manual Therapy, Diagnosis and Treatment of the Upper, Lower Quadrant, Lumbar Thoracic Cervical Spine Mobilization.
- Specialized in Scoliosis Treatment, Mild-Moderate-Severe.
- Stage Scoliosis Treatment.
- Specialized in Sports Physical Therapy, Sports Medicine Education Institute, Las Vegas, U.S.A.
- Specialized in Dance Medicine, Beth Israel Hospital , New York N.Y. U.S.A.
- Specialized in Biomechanical Diagnosis and Therapy of Spine (The Spine Part A- Lumbar, Part B The Cervical And Thoracic Spine) THE Mc KENZIE INSTITUTE.
- Specialized in the Treatment of Hand and Wrist Injuries. Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A.
- Official scientific representative of International Association of Dance Medicine and Science, U.S.A.
- Member of Pan Hellenic Association of Physiotherapists.
- Member of Hellenic Physiotherapy Society of Algology.
- Member of American Sports Medicine Institute, Alabama, U.S.A.
- Member of American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society, Alabama, U.S.A
- Member of National Strength and Conditioning Association, U.S.A.
- Scientific member of American College of Sports Medicine ACSM, U.S.A.
- Member of PAMA- Performing Arts Medical Association, U.S.A
- F. Assistant Professor of University of Southern California, U.S.A.
- F. Professor of applied Physical Therapy department of Physical Therapy, Technical Educational Institute of Athens.